Crew Chief: Ben Vilonen
Hours: Monday-Friday 7 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Phone: (716) 632-5009
The Department of Public Works is responsible for maintenance of all Village property and infrastructure, including street paving and plowing, storm and sanitary sewers, garbage and recycling of waste, and Village-owned tree maintenance. The department consists of a General Crew Chief, Working Crew Chief, and eight Motor Equipment Operators. The General Crew Chief oversees the department.
Street maintenance duties include:
1. Street sweeping.
2. Milling and repaving roads with new asphalt.
3. Patching and cold patching potholes in winter.
4. Striping of crosswalks and travel lanes.
5. Traffic control signage along Village streets, such as speed limit, parking, and other regulations.
6. Snow plowing and removal, salting of roads.
Storm water collection system:
1. Monitoring of drainage within the Village.
2. Repair of existing infrastructure, i.e.: receivers and pipe collection systems.
3. Installing new drainage.
4. Preparing annual storm water report for NYSDEC review.
5. Monitoring and reporting illicit discharges.
6. Inspection of commercial and residential connections to system per Village code.
Sanitary sewer system:
1. Monitoring flows within Village limits.
2. Inspecting and maintaining existing infrastructure.
3. Cleaning and clearing mains from obstruction.
4. Televising and reporting findings to NYSDEC for annual permit compliance.
5. Root cutting within mains.
6. Repairing manholes, rims, and main line connections.
7. Inspecting all commercial and residential connections to sanitary sewer system per Village code.
Garbage and recycling pickup:
1. Oversight of waste and recycling contract.
2. Picking up of brush and branches for recycling.
3. Picking up of metal and electronics for recycling.
4. Leaf collection in fall.
1. Planting new trees in right-of-way and village parks.
2. Pruning of limbs.
3. Stump-grinding service for all residents.
Buildings and grounds:
1. Maintaining Village Hall, Village Meeting house, Williamsville Water Mill, Department of Public Works facility.
2. Maintaining parks – mowing grass, landscaping, two public swimming pools, pavilion and gazebos, tennis courts and playgrounds.
1. Maintaining flower pots and hanging baskets.
2. Hanging and removing banners.
3. Hanging holiday decorations.